EoFF Big Brother Planning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How The Game Works and Will Work

3 posters

Go down

How The Game Works and Will Work Empty How The Game Works and Will Work

Post  Admin Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:26 pm

All right, we're going by the American rules, which means the audience doesn't vote. Very Happy
Here are all the aspects of the game.

Head of Household-Every day/s there is a Head of Household (HoH) Competition. The winner of this become the HoH, rendering them immune and capable of nominating two people for eviction.

Nominees/Eviction-The two nominees do not get a vote, but can attempt to sway the vote of other players. The non-nominees eventually vote for who they want to be evicted, resulting in the said player being eliminated from the game.

Jury-The last 5 or 7 people eliminated prior to the Final 2 (or sometimes 3) form the Jury, the people who decide who wins. At the Final 2, these people will appear in front of the finalists and pose questions or comments to the finalists, in which the finalists can respond and give opening and closing speeches. The Jury then votes for who they want to win, with the person garnering the majority of the votes winning.

Power of Veto-The Power of Veto Competition allows the winner to veto a nominee, requiring the HoH to nominate someone else in their place. The people are can participate in these challenges varies, but they typically include the HoH and the nominees.

So, in this thread we determine the number of jurors, the number of finalists, and if/how we are implementing the Power of Veto.

I suggest we randomly determine two or three Power of Veto competitions, in which the HoH, a person of the Hoh's choice, and the two nominees participate. I also suggest we have a Final 2, and a jury of 5.

But I'm up for most anything.

Admin
Admin

https://eoffbb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How The Game Works and Will Work Empty Re: How The Game Works and Will Work

Post  Citizen Bleys Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:43 pm

I definitely like the idea of an earned Power of Veto.
Citizen Bleys
Citizen Bleys
Admin

http://thehighseas.bastardly.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Faris~ Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:55 pm

It might be easier to stick to the actual show's format when it comes to HoH and having the traditional two up for elimination. So :thumb:

Typically the games are something humiliating, a quiz, and something with endurance. May I suggest in replacement of endurance games we use online games and whoever posts the highest score wins? For example, whoever gets farthest in
QWOP (I did have a link to this, but "New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information." xD) wins the challenge

Quiz rounds can be questions based on FF, forum members, among other topics.

Thoughts on other aspects:
For HoH - since we won't actually have specialized rooms or a letter from home for them, there must be another way to give them perks aside from not being up on the chopping block.

Challenge, voting, and choosing the people up to be voted (dang, I need to re watch some seasons) - How about we do a 24 or 48 hour days for each similar to the mafia game. It should give enough time for players to do specific activities and interact.

Slop for the week! - Oh man, we have to humiliate them some other way! Like they have to speak in Al Bhed or broomish for a whole week.

Diary room - Thoughts? Perhaps we can have a discussion thread and post summaries.
Faris~
Faris~
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Citizen Bleys Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:57 pm

Perhaps instead of humiliation, we should give them an opportunity to show how awesome they are. I think that would be more fun for the participants.

((Fair warning: You may have to warn me when I'm being an idiot with regards to how the show works, because I do not and will not actually watch it))
Citizen Bleys
Citizen Bleys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Faris~ Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:00 am

Yeah, this game is pretty much about watching people be humiliated and going bat shit crazy.
Faris~
Faris~
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:08 am

There's a strategic element to the game. But then again, I can name maybe 5 people who were actually legitimately good Big Brother players. :/

I think some mild humiliation might be okay, like forcing them to post in haiku or something. Nothing that's so embarrassing that they can never show their face again.

We should plan the days based on whether or not we have PoV challenges. I personally think we should have PoV's be something special, which requires people to change their strategies suddenly and limit (but not removing entirely) the possibility of backdooring.

NOTE: "Backdooring" is a strategic play in which two allies of the HoH are intentionally nominated with the expectation that one would be vetoed regardless of who wins PoV since all the PoV competitors are aligned, and then placing a more desirable target in their place, completely removing that person's chance of winning veto and making them a safer target. This is typically used on people who are good at competitions. (Another reason why Nakomis is one of the best players ever. <3)

Games like QWOP and GIRP are excellent challenge choices, as are puzzle and memory challenges. I also think endurance challenges are doable, as I did them in an Online Survivor Game I played. 1 chatroom, 1 update each minute/30 seconds. If you're late, you're out. Last one online wins.

I do think the Diary Room is essential for players to be able to post their strategies. I suggest we do something similar to what was done in the CK Competitions if possible, in which each person has a private forum that everyone but players and their accounts can see.

I suggest we have a new element for HoH's, in which the HoH has the power to make a choice between either a) see how one person voted every round or b)see how everyone voted one round, in addition to c) get a clue for a riddle that, by solving, grants them a PoV power that they can use whenever they want up to, like, the Final 5. Multiple HoH winners get additional clues. Also, this element would be secret to all but every HoH winner, so some may not even know it exists. We can call it Golden Power of Veto.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Citizen Bleys Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:40 am

What the deuce are QWOP and GIRP?
Citizen Bleys
Citizen Bleys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:41 am

http://www.foddy.net/GIRP.html

http://www.foddy.net/Athletics.html

Get cultured. santa

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Faris~ Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:39 am

A thought: maybe we can divide this up equally to prevent going crazy when this is initiated. Each of us has a day (PoV, HoH, and Eliminations) to present to the players and divide the players three ways for diary room interactions. Then we can have separate sections on this forum for planning. What do you two think?
Faris~
Faris~
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:08 am

That's not a bad idea at all, Faris.

What do you think, Bleys?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Citizen Bleys Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:08 pm

I'm not sure I understand it; Are we splitting the players into 3 teams that compete with one another? I thought they chose their own alignment.

I like the idea of a designated host for each day, though -- it'll make it easier for the players too, since they know which host will be dealing with each part of the game.

EDIT: You don't want me solo-planning anything, though, since I haven't seen the show and don't really understand what it works. I see my role here mostly as the "think outside the box guy," which being unfamiliar with the show is an asset for. I might think of things that you haven't because my mind isn't in the same show-inspired groove.
Citizen Bleys
Citizen Bleys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Faris~ Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:14 pm

No, no teams. This is just so that we keep things more organized. Diary room is mostly interviewing contestants so splitting the contestants will be for our benefit and will have no affect on gameplay or strategies. This specific idea depends on how we actually do the Diary room activities, so we can discuss this later.

Edit: I'm assuming everything will be designed by the three of us, just presentation and activities will be sent to one of us for a specific day. Like Laddy can have HoH competition, he'll announce the game and contestants need to send him their activities. I'll have PoV which will essentially be the same as HoH, and you could have elimination where every one sends you their votes and reasoning and possibly closing interview? Just that us three will have predetermined the game, questions and the like. We'll sort out who gets what later but that's just the way I was visioning it.
Faris~
Faris~
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Citizen Bleys Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:44 pm

I'll just watch what the two of you do for diary rooms and learn by example, belike.
Citizen Bleys
Citizen Bleys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Faris~ Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:55 pm

The Diary Room (abbreviated DR) is a part of the Big Brother House. It is where House Guests go to talk to the camera and explain their strategy to the audience. The houseguests answer questions from the producers in order to help narrate the story and explain to the viewers what is going on in the house. The houseguests also go to the Diary Room when voting for eviction during the Live Show.

Don't worry, DR is really simple. Smile
Faris~
Faris~
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Faris~ Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:42 pm

You know what we forgot, Laddy?

Food for the week challenge.
Faris~
Faris~
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Citizen Bleys Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:42 pm

Sounds like everything will actually be simple in practice, it's just the textual descriptions that fuddle me.

I had the same problem with Mafia--I couldn't make heads nor tails of it until I actually played a game.
Citizen Bleys
Citizen Bleys
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:03 pm

I don't think food challenges needs to be implemented in this game, as it will just take time from the day for an element that won't come in to play.

Yeah, it's not too complex of a game, which leads the way for complex and interesting strategy. When people are good at this game, it's awesome. When people are bad at it, it's even better.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down